6.03.2008

Bushmills 10 Year Single Malt Whiskey

Normally I stick to scotch but someone purchased a bottle of 10 year Bushmills for me and I decided to post it. I was particularly impressed. The whiskey is unpeated and therefore there is no smoke taste. Bushmills apparently distills the whiskey three times instead of the normal two times for a single malt. This is most likely why it is mild for an Irish Whiskey. It is aged a minimum of ten years within the typical Bourbon Oak Casks.

There are very noticable vanilla tones in both taste and smell. Spicy with a taste of honey that passes quickly. The taste definitly lingers and is felt all the way down. Honestly one of the better Irish Whiskeys that I've tried. May be harsh on beginners.

This whiskey can be bought locally for $40 a bottle.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Nice blog. Your friend Eric sent me the link. I started one on cigars myself not too long ago but I haven't put up too many posts so far on drinks. I look forward to checking in on this one often.

albina N muro said...

He is one of the City's foremost experts on Irish whiskey, and a stop at Seppi's will always be profitable for someone with an interest. buying wine online